When you think of castor oil, you probably think about the vile tasting liquid your grandma used to insist that you take.
But in reality, the external uses of castor oil are extremely impressive. Did you know that many modern medications have castor oil as an ingredient? It is in:
- Antifungal agents
- A mitotic inhibitor used in chemo
- An immunosuppressant drug widely used in connection with organ transplants
- An HIV protease inhibitor.
- A topical treatment for skin ulcers
- Artificial tears to treat dry eye.
What’s more, it can last for years, making it a perfect addition to your preps.
Here are 10 ways to use castor oil – and you don’t even have to ingest the yucky tasting stuff!